Woman Lands In Hospital After Overdosing On Energy Shots

According to MSNBC, A 22-year-old woman rushed to the emergency room after she experienced abdominal pain, nausea, vomiting and a fever. When her body scan was normal, she was sent home, but returned later even sicker than before. She also had jaundice, indicating liver failure, and doctors diagnosed her with acute hepatitis. Doctors couldn’t find anything out of the ordinary on her tests, so they were stumped until she told them that she had been drinking 10 bottles of 5-Hour Energy per day for the last two weeks. That’s enough for 700 hours worth of energy. (Makers of the popular product recommend consuming no more than two energy shots per day.) Physicians believe she overdosed on the niacin contained in the drinks, which can damage the liver.

Photo by Flickr user theimpulsivebuy


Subscribe To Food Manufacturing’s Free Newsletter

Like Us On Facebook

Follow Food Manufacturing On Twitter

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s